Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Common Mergansers


Common Mergansers
Originally uploaded by egret's nest.
I took a quiet walk on Christmas Day and saw the Mergansers who are hanging out at the upper pond at my in-laws' senior community. There are about 6 mallard pairs there but these two Mergansers were visiting as well. I was running out of batteries but got a couple of nice shots of them.

I'll post a more complete Christmas report another time. Greg and I maintained until we got home from all the festivities and then we succumbed to a cold. Blech!

Here are more Mergansers in the meantime . . .

Swimming in the fountain

P1000532.JPG

And the Mallards:

Mrs Mallard

Mr Mallard

Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Very nice photos. Thanks for sharing. Seems holiday coughs and sniffles are commonplace here, too.

Susan Gets Native said...

Don't you just love mergansers? they look like they are always having a bad hair day.

Sorry about the cold...get better!

Anonymous said...

Your new camera takes really good bird shots. The reflection in the water looks good, too.

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Your new camera takes awesome pics! I too love the reflections and ripples that you captured. The mergansers are lovely- they kind of look like they have icicles on their sides.

Feel better!

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! And just imagine how gorgeous my pics will look when I get more experience with the camera! :)

I love the Mergansers too. They looked to me like that rocker chick who works in a conservative office -- gotta keep that hair in line but you know it really wants to be all gelled and spiky!