Monday, December 18, 2006

O Christmas Tree!


O Christmas Tree!
Originally uploaded by egret's nest.
O Christmas Tree!
O Christmas Tree!
How lovely are thy branches!

I am so proud of our tree this year. We did it together as a family -- which is a change since usually I am the only one who can decorate a tree correctly! :) (Let go of the control, Liza!) Our tree is eclectic -- filled with ornaments collected over the years that are special to each of us. This year, the tree is huge and holds all our ornaments beautifully. Really, there are only a few that I didn't put on the tree and they will be scattered around the house in other ways.

And, now the countdown begins -- getting ready for the holidays. Oh joy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is pretty, and fits the room very well. I love that shade of yellow on the walls.

LauraHinNJ said...

Tell me again what type of tree that is? A Frazier fir? It's perfect for showing off your ornaments - very pretty!

Unknown said...

I *think* it's a Noble Fir. I did some hunting on the internet and it's the only one that's close. It sounds right though -- the Noble is USUALLY the one that farms charge more for so, of course that would be the one I'd fall in love with! :)

I love the way you can have layers of ornaments on it and SEE them all!

LauraHinNJ said...

I always like the most expensive thing too.

I don't think I've ever seen them for sale here in NJ.

;-)