Sunday, October 1, 2006

Elkhorn Slough

I'm hard pressed to chose a picture for today. There were so many good ones before my camera battery ran out (and since it runs for literally hours and hours, I have no excuse except I didn't charge it!). The kids and I went out to Elkhorn Slough today. It was wonderful. It drizzled on us. We saw birds and bunnies and deer and water and trains and so much. We walked 2.5 miles. We had so much fun!

You don't see me!This is my favorite shot -- so many bunnies. This one was sure we couldn't see it!
Brush Rabbit (Sylvilagus bachmani)







On the way to Greg's folks, we stopped and got Ruthie's new pet hamster. She's madly in love. We've been assured she's female. She's friendly, outgoing, curious, and sweet. Thank goodness! Ruth named her Flufsy. I tried taking a picture of her but couldn't get one. I'm sure I'll have other opportunities!

No comments: