Saturday, January 27, 2007

Final Thoughts on Elkhorn Slough

It wasn't until I did my eBird update tonight that I realized that I had 10 lifebirds at Elkhorn Slough. I'm sure they were mostly birds I'd seen before in my life but not ones that I'd ever counted before. Pretty cool, huh?

Here's the final count . . .


Location: Elkhorn Slough
Observation date: 1/26/07
Number of species: 22

Mallard - Anas platyrhynchos X
Bufflehead - Bucephala albeola 6
Eared Grebe - Podiceps nigricollis 2
Great Blue Heron - Ardea herodias 1
Great Egret - Ardea alba 2
Snowy Egret - Egretta thula 1
White-tailed Kite - Elanus leucurus 2
Red-shouldered Hawk - Buteo lineatus 1
American Kestrel - Falco sparverius 4
Killdeer - Charadrius vociferus X
Black-necked Stilt - Himantopus mexicanus 5
Willet - Catoptrophorus semipalmatus X
Whimbrel - Numenius phaeopus X
Marbled Godwit - Limosa fedoa 2
Acorn Woodpecker - Melanerpes formicivorus 1
Downy Woodpecker - Picoides pubescens 1
Black Phoebe - Sayornis nigricans 1
Hutton's Vireo - Vireo huttoni 1
Western Scrub-Jay - Aphelocoma californica 3
American Crow - Corvus brachyrhynchos X
Dark-eyed Junco (Oregon) - Junco hyemalis oreganus X
House Sparrow - Passer domesticus X

This report was generated automatically by eBird v2 (http://www.ebird.org)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on all your lifers! E-bird is the best and glad to hear you are using it!