Thursday, January 18, 2007

Mish-mash!

My friend, Betsy, did this on a snow day . . . I just did mine on a blah day. I did not go into much detail and, frankly, was a little bummed -- I've lived in Europe and according to Google Maps, you can't get there from here. Oh well!

To add in my European Adventures . . . after Glasgow, MT, add in Hargrave, England and after Austin Tx, add Weisbaden, West Germany then back to Austin, TX.

Still, it's fun! Click {here} and consider yourself tagged!

And, to follow up on yesterday's post . . . PMS? Pre-Menopause? Who knows but I do know that my chocolate/sugar/fat cravings are serious!

Last night, I made cashew brittle. It's super easy and super tasty!


AJ's Nut Brittle
Ingredients:

  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup corn syrup (light)
  • 1 cup nuts (any nut will do -- I used cashews!)
  • 1 teaspoon butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
Steps:
  1. Mix sugar and corn syrup in a large microwave safe bowl. Cook in microwave oven on high for 5 minutes
  2. Stir in nuts. Cook 2-3 minutes on high.
  3. Add other ingredients. Be aware that this will cause the mixture to froth in am amazing science experiment manner.
  4. Spread mixture on a greased jelly roll pan. Cool for at least 10 minutes until it breaks apart in the expected manner.
  5. Store in an airtight container or bag.
Notes:
  • Make sure you use a large enough bowl to contain the froth in step 3.
  • If you have a lower power microwave, the cooking times will have to be adjusted but I have no idea what that adjustment would be!
  • Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage to your weight or dental work! You have been warned!
  • I owe this recipe to my online friend, AJ, who amazes us all with all she does for her 4 kids (including new twins) and her family and friends. All that and she shares her recipes too!
Last but not least, this is a day for me to be grateful to my friends! My wonderful friend, BEG, at What's That You Said, sent me a prezzie in the mail. An addition to my collection of bird ornaments (that I blame LaurainNJ for starting me on!). Isn't it wonderful? Before you ask, I don't know where you can find one but I found this source through Google -- no clue if it's a legit business though! {click}

2 comments:

Mary said...

Cashews are my favorite nut. Love, Love, Love cashews. I can eat them by the can...salted or unsalted - it doesn't matter. BUT I'm hanging on to the Weight Watcher's plan. My fingertips are clinging on the side of the wagon I've fallen off of recently. I just can't have cashews. :o(

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I think I need to hook up the printer now! That looks good! Thanks!