Saturday, January 20, 2007

Whirling Dervishes or Welcome to my World!


Whirling Dervishes
Originally uploaded by egret's nest.
This is what my house looked like today. Today was Gage's 7 year old birthday party. We had a house full of boys! Wheeeeee!

I didn't plan games or activities -- on purpose. The party was short -- 3:00 - 4:30. I let them run around like crazy play, jump on the trampoline until it looks like there will be tears soon. Then we go sit down for cake and ice cream and then presents. More playing ensues and we send them on their way, goodie bags in hand!

It works but boy oh boy is it ever a hectic hour and a half. Especially since they got out Gage's massive sword collection and chased each other around the house and yard having sword fights!

Gage wanted an army birthday. I have to say that I did not give it my all as I have in past years. But, I got army guy goodies for the goodie bag (Thank you Oriental Trading Company!). I got a tank center piece to brighten up our table. I even decorated the cake(s) in camo. That was fun. It didn't turn out perfectly but I was pleased with the result. (Gage wanted two bundt cakes instead of one larger cake so it was a trifle odd but it worked . . . )

Camo Cake!

Here is a group shot of all the kids. They had a good time! It was hard to get them to stand still so I didn't do more than one shot! Get what you can -- besides, it's a more realistic look at the day.

The Whole Gang!
Noah, Brendon, Nate, Michael, Gage, Max, Jordan, Blake, Scotty, and Berkley
Jordan in the back is my nephew -- he's 10 and tall for his age. The rest are all 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade boys.


I am exhausted. Good night!

7 comments:

Susan Gets Native said...

A house full of little boys...
I need to lie down.

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

I'm exhausted just reading about IT! I think your cake looks great!

Mary said...

I thought a houseful of girls that age was bad...Oh, my, do they looked wired. Good Job!

Unknown said...

Thanks! It was really fun and most importantly, Gage thought it was awesome! :)

amarkonmywall said...

Oddly enough that cake looks good with the camo frosting- tell me it was chocolate. All those busy boys- I remember such parties. The nice thing about lower el age boys is they don't really get very moody- they are just happy and LOUD.

Happy birthday, Gage!

Mary said...

Agree with Vicki, the girls tend to play too many "mind games" and can ruin the fun in a heartbeat. I love the energetic boys!

Unknown said...

Yes, it was chocolate and yes it was just high energy! The boys are great that way -- I watched their mood and when their blood sugar was in danger of falling too low -- we applied cake and ice cream. Worked great! :)