Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Shhhh! Come closer!

Don't tell anyone! Seriously! Shhhhh!

We're going to look at a dog on Saturday.


It's a Rat Terrier. She's really a cutie -- about 7 months old. Her breeder can't use her in her breeding program so they are looking for a good home. Her name is Ruby. She's smaller than we were looking for but well . . .

here's the deal . . . I had to make a deal with the devil -- err -- my husband. He wants a mastiff. I want a smaller dog so . . . masters of compromise that we are . . . we are going to do both. The small dog comes first but we are going to start the process of searching for a mastiff puppy.



What an adorable little thing who will end up this size . . .



Yikes. Holy guacamole.

But don't tell anyone . . . I don't want to jinx it. Fingers crossed that it all works out.

But seriously, this is what it's going to look like when we walk our dogs . . .


Okay, so I'm off to visit In The Company of Dogs because I don't have anything for a little dog . . . oh, and do you think its a good sign or a bad sign that I already have the picture of Ruby as my desktop pattern on my computer? Oh, I hope she likes the kids and all goes well.

7 comments:

Mary said...

Yahoooo! That is great news! I love mastiffs...and I expect to see many photos of both of them together. I don't think I've ever met a rat terrier so I want photos of her, too. You hope that she will like the kids? It's a given. All dogs love kids. I'm so excited for you.

Lynne said...

I'm excited for you too! I hope all falls into place. Ruby looks so cute- sucha sweet face. I've secretly always wanted a mastiff too. I really can't wait to see all the pictures.

fingers and toes crossed!
shhh- won't tell...

Liza Lee Miller said...

Thanks Mary and Lynne. I'm secretly freaking out. I'm sure my husband knows how excited he is.

We're so funny. When he kept going on and on about a mastiff, I joked that it was fine as long as I got to get a smaller dog too. I totally though we were joking. Then two nights later, he threw my suggestion back at me and said he meant it.

We are the couple without willpower so I agreed! :)

Susan Gets Native said...

Works for me!
(From the woman who does not know limits when it comes to animals)
I won't tell a soul!

LauraHinNJ said...

I've always prefered big dogs, but there is something alluring about a little dog that curls up in your lap.

Ruby looks very sweet and quite sure of herself!

Liza Lee Miller said...

Thanks! We'll see how it goes. At least we have a plan and even if Ruby isn't the dog for us . . . another one will be. And, as for the mastiff . . . well, I'm always up for a challenge! :)

robin andrea said...

That mastiff puppy looks adorable, and it does grow up to be quite a fine looking BIG dog. So, how did it go with little Ruby? She is so cute. We have friends in Santa Cruz who have a rat terrier named Zuma. She has such a sweet disposition, she's the only dog we let in the house with our very afraid cat.