Sunday, February 4, 2007

Sunday Blog Roll

I start each day by reading blogs and sipping my morning mochas. My blogging friends are amazing and diverse. Here are a few of the highlights today . . .

The Dharma Bums are thinking thoughts on the value of saving an individual bird. GardenPath shares a view of her kitchen window from her home in Maine. Julie Zickefoose uses the power of the blog to help save an awesome dog named Boomer -- by finding him a good home. (If you are near Ohio and want an awesome dog -- and don't have any cats!!! -- check it out!) Mary sneeks a peek at birds who are innocently bathing away, blithely unaware of the bird paparazzi posting their pictures on the internet. Outside In writes about the Big Weather they had in Florida this weekend. Somewhere in NJ writes about a very quiet day at Sandy Hook, NJ and shares some history with us -- scroll down and read an earlier post about the eagles she saw the day before! Susan Gets Native shares sketches of her week -- and displays her wacky sense of humor as well as a heretofore unknown artistic talent! More drawings, Susan! Rainbow Family of Four -- an online friend for more than 8 years -- shares a science experiment you too can do when the weather gets so cold that the schools close in Madison! And, What's That You Said -- an online friend for about 15 years -- shares more on her ongoing to efforts to learn American Sign Language and get in touch with Deaf culture. My Whim is Law -- also a friend for 8 years -- discusses what makes a great SuperBowl to her.

So that's what is going on in my little corner of the Blogosphere.

PS. Just surfing and looking at my Technorati results and found that people I don't even know are quoting me . . . look {here} and {here} and {here} and {here}. That is a little startling but okay! I think I'll have to visit back to some of these as well.

6 comments:

robin andrea said...

Hey thanks so much for linking to us. Much appreciated, Liza Lee. Our litte junco hasn't shown up yet today. I'm waiting and hoping all is well.

So, have you decided on Ruby yet? She is cute.

Bird Advocate said...

I noticed your site is new on Fatbirder's Top Sites http://www.birdingtop500.com/ and dropped by to wave a hand. :-)

Anonymous said...

I first visited you through a side bar link at Hasty Brook. I have been "lurking" here for some time and enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for some new links...the connectivity of the blogosphere is fun.

Unknown said...

Robin Andrea -- my pleasure! You are one of my regular reads! We are going to wait until at least the weekend to decide on Ruby. We'll see several more Ratties on that trip and should be able to decide.

Bird Advocate -- Nice to see you! I'll stop by your blog from time to time. I'm totally convinced, however. A. I'm terribly allergic to cats B. I think they should be indoors away from cars and predators and away from being predators!

Ruth -- I sure like your name! I enjoyed your blog and will stop in and visit again. The story of your lab eating the suet was so funny to me. I had labs for 20 years and that does NOT surprise me! I know my old girl ate the suet more than once (after the squirrels pulled it down).

Susan Gets Native said...

This is so weird, Liza...
I was just sitting here wondering what to write, and an Oust commercial came on the TV and there was a RAT TERRIER in it!
Is that a sign?
BTW: Thanks for the nice words about my sketches...but I really can't draw. I just try to make it look cartoony.

Mary said...

Thanks for your link, Liza! This was a nice post. We appreciate you, too! If I don't catch a new post from you in the evening, I'll do a blog roll during my lunch hour and catch up with you on the west coast. It's cool to share.