Thursday, July 27, 2006

I love being productive . . .

Which makes me wonder WHY I am so willing to procrastinate. Today, I decided that my house was done being a pig sty. (See photo in previous post of the entry to my house -- it's so huge that we call it the lobby -- and you'll see what I mean.) So, the kids and I started working.

The kids cleared out all their toys and shoes (that took care of a huge percentage of the crap that was accumulating!)

I emptied and dealt with all the bags that have accumulated from all our various trips and events. I put away all the luggage that had accumulated in the "lobby" as well.

Gage and I filled four plastic grocery store bags of paper trash that was in varous places around the house.

Ruthie cleaned up the kids' video area which, thankfully, wasn't that bad.

I cleared off the dining room table which we hadn't seen the surface of since before school let out (judging by the geologic evidence).

I am now going to go fold and hang up three baskets of laundry and the load currently in the dryer. Oh joy.

Tomorrow . . . my office/laundry/craft room and the kitchen. Wow. What a job!

What is amazing to me is how much I can get done when the temperatures don't hit 90+ degrees! I don't like the heat -- at all!

No comments: